Re: [T3] Rust Paint

tristessa@frys.com writes:

<< At 02:51 PM 7/6/05, John Jaranson wrote:
 >The Pistol Pete story is worth all of us hearing about though.
 >
 >The short of it is that Pistol Pete (volksrodder and pinstriper
extraordinare)  had a head-on collision in his bug with a Fed-Ex truck on his birthday.
He is in an induced coma with a couple of clots on his brain and a broken eye
socket among other injuries.  The entire VW and hotrod communities worldwide
have rallied to Pete and his wife Melanie's aid with prayer, good thought,
mojo, and cash.   Well over $5000 has been raised so far to help them cover
expenses.  A tragedy that has restored or confirmed many people's (including my own)
faith in mankind.

 Update (finally) from the local media: http://www.katu.com/stories/78231.html

 I've seen you, Bob Notch and Brian Fye posting over there, so this could be
loosely considered T3-related .. I think. :-)  >>

You forgot about Phillip, as he's there too. We're over there trying to let
others know how superior  the type 3 is compared to a bug. I like going there
because so many people there think outside the box (or outside the box that the
box came in :D). What happened to Pete, could have happened to any of us, but
like John, it restored my faith in mankind with the outporing of support.

topnotch@nycap.rr.com writes:

<< Question is, are there any defiled TYPE 3's?  I can stand a ravaged bug or
 bus as there are enough of those around but the T3..... >>

John, have you chopped off the roof of that "new" Fastback yet? I love what
you're doing with the car, can't wait to see the windsheild moved forward, as I
know that'll be some creative work. : ) I figured out how you could get that
body line to move thru the door too, use some ghia rear quarter panel parts. :
) Use the left quarter on the right, and the right on the left. It should
work.  In a couple of days I'll post some pics of the "pile of bleached bone's"
(Keith's tag name for it, that stuck) new look. My son re-worked a bunch of
areas (using more type 3 parts) that he wasn't totally happy with before, and
repainted the car. It's looking good. :D  Eric, if you're still out there, I've
started reconstructing my 71 Roadster 2 project to accept the Golf/Rabbit
convertible top frame. The car should end up looking like John's sketch of a type 3
Heb. : )  Just a quickie update from north of Detroit.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2977
       69 Square, currently awaiting a t-4 engine transplant