Re: [T3] New Fastback photos

I'm looking at doing as much of the bodywork myself on my Fasty. there
is little welding work I need to do that's cosmetic, so... it doesn't
have to be pretty. I basically need to replace my front inner
fenderwell body stiffeners, replace the bottom of the front clip where
the bumper mounts are and the curvature is spot welded, patch a small
hole in the front passenger side rocker (where the fender meets the
body shell) and some small patching in the rear inner fenders, towards
the bottom. I've never welded before, but I feel pretty good about
this- I just need a house with a garage and a high amp outlet.

I figure I get some videos, read some books, pick up some scrap
sheetmetal, and start screwing around.

As for the paint... I'm actually willing to try this myself, too. I'll
be consulting the list when the time comes. :)

I'm not looking to put together a show stunner, just a nice looking
Fasty that I can be proud of.

The attitude I've always taken on everything car related is "Hey, I'm
an engineer, I can do this." Back when I was in high school, I worked
at an auto parts store that largely sold to mechanics, professional
and shade-tree. I could count on one hand the number of mechanics that
could be trusted with working on a car- the vast majority were dumb as
a box of rocks I do all my own work for reasons that became painfully
obvious to me over the years. And I save a buck or two. Some people go
into the woods and commune with nature. I commune with oil filters,
brake pads, wheel bearing grease, and a torque wrench.