Re: [T3] Paypal stuff

If you clicked on the links in any of those emails and put in ANY
personal information (even username and password) you can consider
your paypal account compromised. Your first hint is that the URL
you're going to isn't https://www.paypal.com. Contact paypal
immediately. If you entered any credit card information on the links
from those emails, I would suggest changing your credit card number
immediately and contacting your credit card company. Same thing goes
if you entered bank account information. Monitor your accounts closely
if you gave them any info. If you clicked on any links, check your pc
for spyware or viruses (especially if you use IE). You could have a
keylogger or something installed now.

These emails look very much like real paypal emails- they steal
graphics and style their emails just like paypal's website.

Here's more information on from Paypal on scams:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/email-security-outside

These scams are not limited to Paypal. I get them all the time "from"
banks I don't have an account with- Citibank, Suntrust, Bank One,
etc... I usually forward these on to the approriate authorities (the
bank being masqueraded and the FTC).

Sorry if I seem alarmist. I work network security, so I am
understandably paranoid. :)