[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]

Re: [T3] Registrations (NY)

In a message dated 1/10/05 10:52:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
cars@tiserves.com writes:

> When I was considering the options, I went to the DMV website and I 
> could use either "Historical" or "Vintage" Plates. The NYDMV has two 
> different categories.

Yeah, we have that option too, but here they call it YOM plates (Year Of 
Manufacture). Those are slightly different than Historical, but also very similar 
in use. They are more of a restricted plate, but not a parade plate like the 
Historical plate. Also you need to have both of them (our law currently only 
requires 1 plate), which can make finding a pair a real job. We also have 
personalized plates (John J. was sporting one at the 2004 Invasion), and sometimes 
you got 2 and sometimes only 1 of those, depending on which style of plate you 
got. We've also got several different styles of plates, everything from std 
plates, to upscale, to college, to certain special interests. Dave Hall got some 
shots of mine to compare with John's since we were both from the same state ( 
mine had the Mackinaw bridge on it with a sunset, while John's was the 
standard blue with white letters, but personalized), so just getting plates for your 
car can get confusing unless you know what you want.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at; 

List info at http://www.vwtype3.org/list | mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]