Re: [T3] 74 SB w/ IV engine

<x-flowed>Cool find Jim. Keep this as dads toy.
I have a 2.0l 914 engine that I bought with this carb setup on it, it ran ok, in the car before we pulled it.Pulled another 1.8 fi engine from another 914 too (both hiding in a corner in my shop) . I bought a complete 411/412 air bellows setup from a guy in Flordia that was junking several cars. It is in boxes in my shop waiting on the darkside to kick in and put one of these engines in my 68 chopped top, single(large side window) squareback. The orginal engine has a knock and I just cant ever seem to get those dual carbs to idle and run.

My 69 Auto fasty has this progressive carb on it, it came that way. One of the po's did that and ripped the FI out, and will be changed out at sometime. I may put the dual carb setup from the squareback, after the engine swap. I got a free squareback that had a progressive in it too, but it was not in my hands very long. I must admit that I had one of these on a 1835 in my 74 karmen ghia and it worked very well. Scooted along good I thought, but it was that way when I bought it, so I have no idea how much work it took to get it that way.

I still miss my first type 3, a 71 squareback, all redone by the orginal owner... FI was great, total balanced and blueprinted stock engine, even painted with emron paint in the factory yellow. We called it the banana. Stupid woman in a suv ran me into a tree @ 35 mph.

Richard (PapaG) Green

Jim Showker wrote:

Well, I went and bought the car yesterday.  Turns out to be a '72, the ad
was a mistake.  Took my old tow bar with me, but it's not long enough.
After I came back, I stopped by to see a friend and he has a longer tow bar,
I guess maybe designed for T2's and 3's.  I'll probly go back tomorrow and
get it with the longer tow bar.

Jim Showker

'57manx buggy (not running)
'69 SB (almost running)