From: David Martinez [mailto:wfoh8x9@msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:53 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: Ignition help needed!

Dynamico

I did the same thing to my 67 about a year ago and to tell you the truth I
the (patch) held up until about 3 months ago. I started by taking the center

of the steering wheel off, disconnected the wire, took the turn signal
switch off, and sisnce then my canceling arm does not work. After you take
out the sttering wheel you will see that there is a screw that need sto come

out, this holds the cylinder in place, now make sure you release the
steering lock because that will also keep the cylinder in place. I then
unsoldered the wires and at this point the cylinder should come out.

What part on yours broke?, on mine is the contacts, they are burnt and at
one point the rear plate had broken and I JB welded it. On my last trip,
after I stopped at a rest stop it would not work, so I had to take the rear
apart and jump it with a nickel. I still have not found a replace ment,
where you get Yours?, I hope this helps...

David
67 Baltic Blue Fasty
Ft Hood Texas, 76544