[T3] will I get my '67 to the invasion? [ what order to solve issues. ]

<x-flowed>

So, I'm hoping to get my '67 square to the invasion.
I'm immediately plagued by questions like:

- should I even try to drive a 2275cc motor for long distances?
- how will I know I've checked everything the PO screwed up? [ if
you recall this one was rebuilt from scratch by the PO, except the motor,
and many many things were very very wrong. lots of cross threading, etc. ]
- how will I manage to be sure I've checked or had everything checked?
- Will I be able to get everything taken care of in time, given the pace
at which I get things done?

So, I've been making a plan to get things taken care of,
and I'm wondering if you guys have any comments, particularly
about what order I should attack these issues.

First:
- get car charging,  generator seems to be bad,
send email to type3 list to discuss my findings.
- get new battery.

Now that car is moveable again, take it to the body shop,
and have them:
- replace bad rear hatch hinge. [ got part from jim adney. ]
[ Now that rear hatch is fixed, car is actually drivable again!.
it flies open on acceleration.. ]
- re-adjust rear hatch striker plate and stuff.
- repaint the car. [ PO did the paint, it's chipped, thin,
and my car wash guy says it's not even worth buffing, I've
not got much of an eye for paint, so I have to trust him. ]
- remove and reinstall windows, including replacing
the missing bright work, on the front and rear windows.
[ I have the brightwork, and the front windshield rubber. ]
- install my new stainless steel side trim.

Find someone to do welding. - get rear upper shock tower nut welded, and frame closed back up. [ PO cross threaded this upper shock mount, and the trapped nut spun. my mechanic used a hole saw to open up the frame to get at the nut, but doesn't do welding. so that's not finished. ]

Get the car back:
- get the fresh air vents reinstalled, [ figure out missing bits.
PO gave me the parts un installed.  my first attempt to
get it in place failed. Post to type 3 list for help. ]
- clean out and get the stock fuel line working.
[ PO bypassed it and ran fuel line underneath the car. ]
- get muffler blasted and powder coated. [ PO says the Headers are
powder coated, and the muffler was supposed to be. but
wasn't and the pipe leading in is rusting.  ]
- figure out what to do about a parking brake. [
disc brake kit, with parking brakes, but no place to run a line. ]
perhaps I should take care of this before the body shop. ]
- install oil temp, oil pressure, and cylinder temp gauges.
- redo suspension, the car is too low, and more importantly
too stiff.

Then there's other things, that I've not put into my plan of action yet,
but eventually I'll want to get taken care of:

- seatback release mechanisms. [ don't work, have to figure them
out and see if I can repair them.
the PO didn't know what the lever in the door was,
so he could have gutted everything. ]
- rear disc brakes possibly replaced with drums to get balanced braking? or more likely
to get a parking brake.
- braided steel brake lines replaced, with either DOT certified lines, or
rubber hoses. [ to get a deteriorating failure rather than sudden failure. ]
- difficult to start, no chokes, [ send email to list about this, showing no space for choke on driver side carb. ]
- hard to drive, hesitation, [ smaller venturis? ]
- hard to drive, clutch, [ The clutch is very heavy, considering a hydraulic clutch. ]

Any input is greatly appreciated.

--fess