Re: [T3] distributor 009

Theoretically, the advance on ANY distributor can be
adjusted, providing you can find the correct springs
and either different weights or don't mind grinding
the weights you have.  The problem these days is
finding someone with a distributor machine who also
knows how to make it go.  Pretty commonplace 20 years
ago, not so much today.

As for the vac advance, many of the carbs and
manifolds for carbs available for VWs don't have any
vacuum taps on them.  You have to add them yourself,
and typically will have to tee them together and add a
restrictor so the intake pulses from the very small
manifold volumes don't confuse the vac canister.  Most
people prefer to just disable the vac advance than go
through all that.