[T3] Starter Bush replacement

<x-flowed>Russ's solution is a good one as it uses readily available tools for a one-off job.
I checked it and the ID of a 6v bush is actually 0.49" so It would probably require a 1/2" tap to just get a small grip on it to wind it out as Russ says. The OD is 0.65" so there's plenty of wall thickness. Grease the tap to ensure the swarf sticks to it.
A 12mm bolt would be a loose fit to drive a new one in. To make it a snugger fit so it helps get the bush in square, you could wrap some tape around the threads.

The 12v bush is smaller,( 0.53" OD and 0.43" ID) so a 10mm bolt would work for these.

chris
Re: [T3] Starter troubles.