[T3] pictures of my 73

Ive been meaning to scan these in for years. I FINALLY did it!  Here they
are:
http://classicvw.org/gallery/KeithP

One is a picture of the car a year after I got it, and did a little body
work.

The next is of the car, (or the remains) after I removed EVERY possible
usable part in 1991.

Third... well, this need some explanation.  This car was rusty, quite rusty,
when I bought it in 1983.  I bondoed it up, eventually painting it in 1986
and drove it till 88 when I got my 71.  I sold it when it started looking
ratty again and Reverse gear gave out.  A local Squareback enthusiast bought
it and put another tranny in it (which is in my Notch now :-)) and drove it
for 3 more years... the last six months of which the front frame head
collapsed forcing the steering column into the fire wall... which eventually
broke the column, ending the useful life of the car. This car truely drove
its LAST mile!!
    I sold it before I started oiling my cars, so it never got that.  The
pan was completely gone on the drivers outside edge, so they jacked the car
up by the remains to shove the seat up far enough so the little guy could
see over the dash again... this was a YEAR before it died.  Check out the
left wheel well carefully, see the wood blocks above the  beam clamp?  Yep!
the entire frame head had given way.  And all that held the front body clip
on the car was about 6" of metal at the upper rear of each wheel well.  You
could grab the bumper and lift the entire front clip up!!  And if you cant
see it in the picture... the front of the door jamb is infact gone all the
way to the top!

And it was DRIVEN this way!!!  So you guys out west dont know how good youve
got it!  No white poison in the winter :-)

Keith

Keith Park

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch@nycap.rr.com