Re: [T3] A VW kind of day.

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 23:25, Toby Erkson wrote:
> Started my VW morning by reading the www.vwtype3.org email.  Next, over
> to the www.vwvortex.com site to catch up on the Golf III/Jetta III
> forum, then the Autocross forum.  Then I hit the www.thesamba.com Type 3
> forum, checked for anything new Type 3 wise at shoptalkforums.com
> (nope...I think they should just drop that forum, The Samba kicks it's
> butt as does this list), did a quick browse thru www.914club.com then
> over to www.ferrarichat.com to make sure those boys stay grounded (one
> day I will have a 328 or Mondial...).
>
> By late morning I had my fill of coffee so I hopped into The Canadian
> (my yellow automatic Squareback), cranked back the sunroof, and toodled
> over to the DDB shop.  I looked over the 45mm Dell's Martin installed in
> the DDB hooptie (roofless, slammed, Martin's engine, 1/2-back electric
> seats...oh man, it's gotta be seen in person to <ahem>appreciate</ahem>
> ;-) then we pulled in a Notch to install a DDB alternator kit.  I took
> pictures because we hope to get them to HOT VWs to publish the install.
> Then Martin began putting in NOS 36mm Dellortos...we won't discuss the
> BIG price tag these beauties from England cost...  I got back into my
> Squareback and cruised home.
>
> After dinner, I went outside and washed my baby, my Jetta and finally
> (after rinsing down the driveway) The Canadian.  I'll be driving my baby
> to Kent, WA, for the 'Cruise for the Cure' this Sunday along with the
> other DDBers.  My Jetta was rather grimy from last Saturday and Sunday
> SCCA autocross events.  The reason I washed down the driveway before
> finishing my car washing evening on The Canadian was so she can sit
> overnight so I can perform her first (in my possession) valve
> adjustment.  She too will be attending this Sunday's event, just not
> sure who the driver will be.
>
> Next, I hit my web building tools to fix the DDB's alternator kit
> product page so it has a couple of pictures
> ( http://www.theddb.com/new/DDB_products/alternator_kit.html ). I don't
> know how I missed this the first time À!?
>
> The day is finished with this post, a final peek into the garage at my
> baby and a glance outside to make sure The Canadian, the Jetta and my
> girlfriend's Passat 1.8t are safe and sound.  G'nite!

I will trade you Toby.
I am not even allowed to lift more than 10 lbs, and I am not supposed to
be driving a car.
I can't even carry in the groceries for my wonderful wife.
I had to pay someone to fix the brakes on my truck, and my daughter had
to pick it up and drive it home.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 FB AT