[T3] Notch height

Today I finally got out and had time to measure some heights on "El
BajaRojo"
Ive got the front suspension set up so that you can stick your little finger
between the upper snubber and bar unloaded, this allow for good travel and
about an inch or so below the lower snubber.
    Dave Hall's book states that the height between the front bumper and
ground should be 10.6", mine is 13".  Well, bumper brackets can be bent so I
measured from the lower edge of the beam clamp to the ground, 7 1/8".
    I then "Lowered it" using the poor man's method, adding 100lbs to the
front of the trunk and got the lower arm to just kiss the lower snubber...
(no suspension travel left).  I then have 11.5" from the front bumper to
ground, 5 3/4" from the clamp to ground and 1 1/4"  from the fender lip to
the top of the tire... which gets your hand slid in on top of the tire where
Jim A suggest's the height should be.
    SO... it seems, to get the car's height to where most would consider
"Normal height" requires that the lower bar be kissing the snubber. Now this
is a Late pan on an early car but the frame head and such should still be at
the same height as the beam clamps fit on properly... the car has never been
hit in the front... what gives here?  The snubbers are stock, and the ears
arent bent and I know that the torsion arms and such arent bent eather.
    Was this ElBajaRojo just destined to be MY car?  I swear Im not trying
to make a statement with it :-) but yea, at stock suspension setting it does
look raised.  If anybody else has an early car and stock height suspension
can you measure the distance from the beam clamp to ground, stock tire to
fender and distance under the lower snubbers?  This would give me something
to compare too.

Thanks

Keith

Keith