RE: [T3] Fiberglass resin under primer

Yes.  Rust is simply iron returning to nature. :-)

In the ground, "iron ore" is iron oxide (FeO2), since
iron reacts very well with oxygen.  The iron refining
process is primarily removing this oxygen, leaving
metallic iron.  Steel is simply an iron alloy
containing some amount of carbon, so what happens to
iron happens to steel (since the carbon doesn't
prevent oxidation, it just adds strength).  Stainless
steel, btw, is simply a steel alloy with some amount
of chromium in it, and the chromium "reacts" with the
iron to take up the space in the iron atoms the oxygen
would normally try to occupy, so rust can't form
(easily, the chromium has a weak affinity, and any
iron atoms with no chromium atoms nearby will readily
accept oxygen atoms).

So, since rust is simply oxidized iron, if there's no
oxygen, there's no rust.  If you put an iron bar in
orbit, it also wouldn't rust.  If you put it in a box
with all of the oxygen removed, no rust.  If you cover
it with something that prevents 100% of the oxygen
from reaching it, no rust.

The trick, of course, is that "100%" bit.  Paint also
stops oxygen from reaching the iron, but paint
scratches fairly easily, and paint itself reacts with
oxygen, so paint only works for a few years before
oxygen starts to attack the iron.  Cured epoxy based
paints don't react with oxygen, and are hard to
scratch, so they work for longer before the inevitable
happens.  Just how long "longer" is hasn't yet been
answered.  Most of the POR-15-like products haven't
been on the market all that long, and most cars
treated with them are treated much better than cars
that aren't treated with it.  I'm sure any nicely
painted car that's kept covered in a garage 90% of the
time would survive rust free for a very long time. I'd
expect most POR-15'd cars are also mostly kept out of
the sun and only used now and again.  There's also a
big variance in how well the products are applied, so
it's going to be very hard to tell in 15-20 years just
how effective these treatments really are.