RE: [T3] Distributor and breather box questions

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 12:12, Schlegel, Richard wrote:
> [...]
If you use genuine Bosch points, adjust the points right and put lub in
the right place on the rubbing block, and the breaker plate is not worn,
The point gap should never change, in several years of running.

> fair. OTOH, we hear of many Pertronix
>
> Well around 6 months. So I guess I only have about 2.5 years to go. Does
> anyone on this list have any facts backing this up? I really love this
> list and the wealth of info it has but sometimes these general
> statements drive me nuts! You talked me out of tossing our FI and backed
> it up with a good argument that convinced me, but anyone with an
> automotive back ground knows that electronic ignition (or just points)
> is much more reliable than mechanical points that wear out and need
> adjusting. Am I wrong here too?

> from sales of the 009s.
>
> What about VW points manufacturers? This is a Billion dollar industry!
> :-)

ONLY use Genuine Bosch point. I know others on the list recommend
ventilated points, But I stand with my statement.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 FB AT