[T3] Refrigerator magnet strip and seat heater?

<x-flowed>The tranny in my '95 Jetta went on me Friday on the drive home. Luckily I was able to limp my way home without much hassle. Not sure if I'm going to get a stock or custom-geared replacement but one thing is for sure, she's gonna get a full LSD! The unit is a Peloquin (http://www.peloquins.com/).

So, in the mean time my baby has become, yet again, a daily driver (she still gets parked in the garage!). Because of the severe rust problem with my front fresh-air intake plenum I have to use duct tape over the vents to keep all water out. If I could use a refrigerator magnet -- the thin, flexible ones that typically are used on refrigerators -- over the intakes that would save my paint and easily applied/removed as needed. Bright Orange, of course, would be preferred but black will do. Any recommendations on where to find them? In Oregon, if possible?

The other issue is heat...or lack of it. Having a big, fire-breathing engine is neat but when you put 1.5" exhaust headers on it you give up cabin heat. Hey, she's SUPPOSED to be my pleasure car! So my mornings see me bundled up, complete with my motorcycle gloves to keep me warm on the 6:30am drive to work in Oregon rain. Now, I've seen those fangled carbon-fiber seat heaters and they look dandy (John, you're drooling, stop it) but I was wondering if anyone has had good results with a plain old unit you just plug into your cigarette lighter and go. Brand, place you bought it, results, etc. would be helpful :-) Oh, don't forget, I have a 40-amp alternator so I can afford to bump up the wattage more than a stock generator.

And a plug for The DDB: I installed the door seals and they do a GREAT job of keeping my interior dry and completely blocking all drafts! Having a ragtop allows plenty of air movement but the seals bring the air movements almost to a stand still compared to the original, ratty seals I still have on my doors. Makes all the difference when it's cold inside and out ;-) http://www.theddb.com/doorseals.html

--
   Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing, '73 Porsche 914