[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]
<x-flowed>The brake sensor rubber covers were shot on my Sqbk, and a look through my stash of stuff revealed a pile of various diameter shrinkwrap tubing courtesy of Boeing Surplus from about 20 years ago.
I found one that started out about 1 inch in diameter and shrunk nicely onto the 22mm hex head of the sensor. I found a nut of similar size, and a bolt and used a 10mm long socket and preshrunk the tubing to fit the hex, and to reduce the diameter of the tubing.
I slid this onto the wiring, along with a smaller diameter pie of tubing.
Once the wires were installed, I shrunk the orange tubing as small as it would go, which is not small enough to fit against the wiring. I then shrunk the yellow tubing over the orange to fit against the wires and the orange tubing.
Much easier said than done with the lack of access and my wife having taken her hair dryer with her to the in-laws. Don't ask how I shrunk the tubing. I'm just glad that silicone brake fluid is not flammable, and the entire gas system is dry.
A couple of image of this on thesamba.com:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List info at http://www.vwtype3.org/list | mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~