Re: [T3] F.I. troubleshooting

> If you want to put the '73 engine in the '70 car with the '70 FI, then I
> recommend that you put the '70 dipstick pipe, breather box and air cleaner
onto
> the late engine when you do the swap. You'll want to cork the breather
tubes on
> the late engine when you do this.

I got impatient and decided to go ahead and pull the engine without hearing
it run. I've replaced the breather box already and will replace the dipstick
tube after I get the engine in the car ( it's on the ground, I can't reach
the bolts). By breather tubes, do you mean the tubes in the top of the
passenger side head?
    I have three additional questions. First question : The driver side head
appears to have been replaced with an earlier D/P head. The temp sender
screws into the side of the head near the exhaust port rather than straight
down as in the '70 up heads.Will this still work functionally? I have a head
with the correct set-up, but I'd rather not get that involved if I don't
need to. Second question : I have a wire that I'm not sure where it goes. It
is actually two wires, both white, that terminate in a single female spade
connector. They come out of the main F.I. harness at the same place that the
wires for the passenger side fuel injectors do. They look a lot like the
ground wires that connect to the case on top of the breather box base, but
there are three connections there, and there are already three wires plugged
in. The wires are the same on both the '73 and the '70. Third Question : In
addition to the backup light switch, there is a second, single wire
connection on the opposite side of the '73 transaxle nosecone. Is this a
neutral safety switch? Is there any difference in performance/durability
between the '70 and '73 transaxles? My plan is to leave the engine and trans
bolted together and install them as a unit, unless I would be better off
using the earlier transaxle.

    Sorry about the long post, stuff just kept coming into my head. Thanks
again for the help, hopefully I'll have this thing on the road (FINALLY)
soon.

Terry Cost
'70 and '73 Squares
Austin, TX