Re: [T3] hey keith...

On 15 Nov 2004 at 19:55, Keith Park wrote:

> It DOES look high... but this car was a major reconstruction... is there
> something else that isnt mounted quite the same way that Im not seeing?  I
> need to really look it over with a ruler.

It's certainly possible that the real problem is elsewhere. I'd start by just
measuring up from the ground to the underside of the front axle beam. If you
don't have stock tires you might have to subtract the distance up to the wheel
rims, and then compare with the same measurements taken from your square. If
those turn out to be about the same, then maybe the fenders have just been
deformed so that the wheel arches got lifted up somehow.

> > My GUESS is that Keith used the stiffer squareback torsion bars in his
> notch,
> > but set them at notch angles. The problem is that the factory spec setups
> are
> > configured for the spec bars, but when you put stiffer bars in there, the
> car's
> > weight isn't enough to push it back down where it belongs.

> Good Observation... the rear torsion bars are stock Squareback stock
> settings but they were sagging on that Square and are just about right on
> the Notch.

Do you mean that you just transplanted the whole subframe from a square without
adjusting anything?

> The Front beam on the Notch is also Squareback with Squareback bars...
> but didnt you once check your spec book and see that all the front
> torsion (Not stabilizer) bars are the same?

You're exactly right. I was wondering about that when I wrote this, but was too
lazy to check it. I rechecked now and only the sway bar is bigger for the
squareback front, so my comment was pointless.