Re: [T3] 1st gear

<x-flowed>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Wolfe" <russw@classicvw.org>
To: "Type3" <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] 1st gear

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 22:14, amy wrote:
I have taken it into the mechanic and was told it was major problem with no
easy fixes...this is very said for me. 8o(

With my current job demands I can no longer afford to keep this car. I
haven't had a chance yet, but I will be listing it on the samba. Is there
anyone out there who might be interested in buying a 71 FI sb? It has a
brand new windsheild. If so send me an email off list and I can tell you
about it and send pictures.

I also have a bunch of parts I need to move, for starters, a driver's side
door, I have door, trunk, and hatchback seals, FI injection parts that did
work when they were romoved from a 72 sb, a couple of dead generators that
still have the pullys, a wing vent window, a door window and a couple of
tail lens. I have other parts as well, I just need to get to them in
storage, if I can't get this car sold I will start parting it out later on
as well.

Don't part the car out because the trans is acting up. you can get a
rebuilt trans for less than $1K. Where did I see those the other day.
Or, you might find a good used trans from a donor car. I have a couple
used ones here, but I do not know their condition. I got them with a
bunch of engines I bought.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 FB AT

I would rather not part out the car, but I don't have $1000 to throw down on a tanny right now. I need to travel some for my job and I am just starting process serving. This has been a great daily driver car and I have had a blast with it, but I need something reliable now. I am really hoping to find a good home for it before thinking about parting out. I was literally depressed yesterday when I was told the news...I keep telling myself I can get another one (or a fasty) someday when I can afford having 2 cars.

Every mechanic who has looked at my car has said the engine sounds very good. The fuel injection works fine. There was a hole in the floorpan under the battery that has been patched, the drivers side is fine though. Like I said I just had a new windsheild and seal (cal style) put in maybe 6 months ago...I am really going to miss this car.