Re: It's alive again!

<x-charset utf-8>
 From: <jadney@vwtype3.org>

 > > My fastback is running again.I admit it,I was wrong.
> > Jim,you told me a stroker wouldn't work with stock
> > FI and after a LOT of screwing around with it,I gave up.
>
> I don't know any reason why the FI would not work with a stroked engine,
> unless you upped the displacement too much. What's your present
> displacement? I'd expect this to work up past a 10% increase, and maybe as
> much as 20%, but I don't know if anyone has actually done it.

A 2110cc engine it is.(25%).I believed that with a little work,it would be
fine.
I did find a few discussions in Shoptalk where Ray Greenwood and others talk
about
the mods needed.They work--up to a point.. I think I exceeded that point.A
few other sources
were also read and used if they sounded reasonable.I even tried a few that
didn't
sound reasonable at all.After all is said and done,Djet won't work well with
a stroked
engine.It will work in the bottom of the rev range but unless you love to
tweak or
like finding porsche/volvo/vw parts and modding them to try to get it to
work ACROSS
the ENTIRE powerband,it was designed for a small range of engine sizes and
no others.

> > You could have just browbeat or something,Anything so
> > I wouldn't have went through all that agony.
>
> Sorry, but it's hard to draw that line between friendly advice and just
> being annoying.  ;-)

What's even more annoying,is that now I have a big box full of great FI
parts.

> > Oh well,live and maybe learn.
>
> Good words for all of us.

 David V.Nelson (Dark,very dark)