Re: Water in Battery Tray...

Kevin wrote:
>I have a small leak at the FI computer unit thingy...The gasket is there
>and in decent shape, and it is seated properly(I had to adjust that).

>But it still has a trickle leak. Any suggestions? I was a little worried
>about using any type of sealant-in case I ever need to get to the
>computer unit-but then again if I need to get there I could just
>break that seal, clean it up and re-seal. What do you guys use
>to seal this thing....

I know this might get some differing responses, but you could use some
cellophane wrap (saran wrap or some plastic wrap stuff sold at the grocery store)
to act as a non stick surface, then use your silicone to make a new gasket. The
saran wrap will allow it to come off, as it acts as a barrier to the sealer
(body side). You just remove the saran wrap after the silicone has dried and
you now have a replacement seal. Also add a couple of drops around the screws,
as the water might be trying to enter thru them..

>Is there a hole like this on the passenger side too?

No, just a solid metal panel. There is however rubber plugs that the vinyl
trim attaches to. You might want to check on the condition of those too. I hope
this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com or http://photo.starblvd.net/bobnotch