Re: [T3] Wacky Mileage

<x-flowed>I guess my question is, what's the best way to analyze mileage problems?
I live in NYC - lots of stop and go. And frankly, my mileage has not been all that good. Granted there's rarely any speed above 50 for an extended period - in fact, I probably average 30-40 at best.

So it's hard to tell. I've been getting about 13 mpg in these conditions. I haven't gone on a long trip in a while to get a better estimate of what it gets on the highway.

So what I'm curious about is what should I check to ensure that I'm getting the best possible mileage. There's the tire pressure issue - I keep my tires at around 20 in front, 30 in back. I guess I should check my fuel pressure too. There's the charging system - my battery isn't completely charged but how much does that matter once I'm up and running. Otherwise it puts out about 13 V when running (checked from fusebox). What about little things like the condition of points and plugs? I'd happily change out my plugs and points every year if it meant better mileage. My valves are fine. I set those every six months and they've needed very little adjustment, if any.

-Mike Wodkowski
Brooklyn, NY