Re: [T3] Inner Fender Painting

<x-flowed>Bob wrote:
Ideally you would want to paint it the same color as the rest of the car using quality auto paint, and epoxy primer. In a pinch you could use some POR 15 or their chassis black, since you'll probably be pulling that fender back off to paint it the matching color of the car. Doing this would allow you to add the correct color over the POR at a later date. Just something to think about. I hope this helps, and hope to see you at the show.

Thanks for the advice. I know that ideally I would have it epoxy primered and then painted but I do not have the resources at the moment. I just want to do all I can to keep any more rust at bay, until I can get it all done properly.
I went ahead and painted the primed metal with a topcoat to seal it. I do not drive it in the winter so, hopefully it will be good enough for now.

Hopefully the rain holds off long enough for me to get the fender installed, so I can make it to the show. Otherwise, I may just have to go without the Square :-(

Thanks Again,

Jason Smith 71 Square AT FI Columbus,OH USA http:/jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm