[T3] Inner Fender Painting

<x-flowed>Hey guys,
I have a body question for you. I was trying to get my car ready for the vw show in Michigan next weekend, so I thought I'd try and touch up a few rust spots on my front fender. I was trying to work delicately around the already patched bondo from the previous owner, but oops it all came off! Now, its a gaping rusty hole.
No worries, I have a good fender in the basement, but it has not been prep'd. So I took the wire brush to it and removed all the surface rust from the inner wall and then painted it with rust converter and primer.
My question is: what should I use to paint the inner fender wall to get the maximum longevity here in the rust belt, just black topcoat, truck bed liner?

Thanks,

Jason Smith
71 Square AT FI
http:/jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm