Re: [T3] Seized Engine??

<x-flowed>On 17/05/2004, at 9:23 AM, Jim Adney wrote:

If I were you, I'd get something like kerosene, diesel fuel, or ATF and pour a
couple tablespoons full in that cylinder. It's likely that you won't be able to
figure out which cylinder it is, but you should be able to narrow it down to
either the front or rear pair, so you'll have to treat 2 cylinders.

Once the oil is in there, move the piston up and back against the blockage
rapidly by hand a few times in an attempt to mix it all up. If you're lucky you
may suddenly find that it will suddenly free up. If so, put the spark plugs
back in quickly and start the engine. Once the engine has actually run for a
bit, you may have to replace or clean the plugs in the cylinders which had oil
in them

That sounds like a good idea, and definitely worth a try before I pull the engine out. I will try blowing the obstruction out, and if that doesn't work, I will give the oil a go.

Ben Doughney

'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL
'65 1500N - Val