Re: [T3] Seized Engine??

On 16 May 2004 at 20:34, OPENWHEEL RACING wrote:

>     Assuming only one cylinder is causing the trouble, you can tell which of
> the two is causing it to lock up, by...... , blowing air in the tail pipe,
> with the plug out, exhaust valve open on one and another of those cylinders.
> If its carbon locked, you should see some come out of the plug hole.

This will tell you which one has an open exhaust valve, but I don't think it
will tell you which one is has carbon packed up in it, because the valves
wouldn't have to be closed for the carbon to cause a problem.

OTOH, this might still be a solution. If you could get a small tube into the
spark plug hole and blow air thru it, you might be able to blow the blockage
out of there. It would probably work best if the exhaust valve was open while
you did this.

If you've got compressed air available, this is worth a try.