Re: [T3] Seized Engine??

> This is the weird part, I can turn the engine over nearly a full turn
> before it stops and won't turn any more. If I turn it backwards it will
> go nearly all the way around and stop at the same point. I pulled all 4
> spark plugs out and felt around in the top of the cylinder with a
> screwdriver and checked that all 4 pistons were moving, and they were.
> I took the valve covers off, and all of the valves are moving. Checked
> the oil, and it was just over the half mark, so I topped it up to full.
> Felt around in the fan housing and there doesn't appear to be anything
> caught.

Leave the plugs out - maybe there's fuel in there.  If it's oil, I don't know
how you can get it out - syphon or suck with a plastic tube in the spark plug
hole maybe.
Do you have electromagnetic cut-off jets - if not fuel may have got into the
cylinders (is this Val the '65 Variant?).
Are you sure the valves themselves are all moving?
Do your carbs still have the brass tubes visible (accelerator pump jet)?

Fan intake bolts secure?
No mice nesting in there?
I give up...

Dave.