Re: [T3] Leaky oil cooler -- tin fastener tangent

<x-flowed>The Allen wrench is 4mm but, yes, the fastener diameter is 6mm. I did the brand-new screws and they look good while new but after a couple removings they start looking bad. I originally bought hex bolts (10mm wrench) but for my application I can get enough torque to keep 'em AND they fit cosmetically. Personally, I haven't found it necessary to monster-torque the screws down nor the hex bolts so I really don't see the worry with using an Allen wrench. And an Allen wrench gives me far more purchase and control than a frickin' screwdriver! I really think the stock screws were (are) a poor fastener choice. If the button heads don't work for me then it will be the hex bolts but never the screw ones again!

   Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing, '73 Porsche 914
   http://www.icbm.org/
   Portland, Oregon