RE: [T3] VIN

On 12 May 2004 at 22:31, K O'Connor wrote:

> I met with the mechanic this afternoon-
> The Flex Plate and gland nut are worn wrong-dowel holes are egg shaped and
> the dowel pins are loose.

There are longer dowel pins available from Berg. They allow the holes to be
reamed deeper and will then be stronger, but it is unusual for this to happen
on an AT car. The gland nut must have been loose at some time.

> He has access to the parts he needs and will redrill holes for proper fit of
> dowel pins etc...We are hopeful the torque converter is still good..I hope I
> explained that ok..

I doubt there is any problem with the torque converter, but if you need one,
you should be able to find a good used one somewhere for not too much money. I
have one here.

BTW, when you start a new thread on the list like this, you should change the
subject line to something appropriate, AND we all need to edit out unnecessary
quoted material from our messages.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org