Re: [T3] there's a hole in my Squareback!

On 8 May 2004 at 13:47, Greg Merritt wrote:

> ...in the front trunk, on the divider wall, in the neighborhood of
> the jack clamp:
>
> http://69squareback.nannynannybooboo.com/hole.jpg
>
> What's it for???  There is no such hole on the other side.

I've  seen jack handles stuffed in there, but when I try that it doesn't seem
to fit. I have no idea what it's really for.

I store the jack handle inside the upper end of the jack shaft, but the jack is
stored upside down, leaving the bent handle end sticking out the bottom. It
just sits there, wedged against the bottom corner of the spare tire well. If
you turn the bent end just right, it fits really well.

I think that when they came from the dealer, the jack handle was just rolled up
with the tool pouch, but I don't know if this was done by the dealer or at the
factory.

My guess is that the tools were all part of the kit that the dealer mechanics
had to install before the car was given to the new owner.

I'm sure Russ can tell us. Russ?