Re: [T3] Dual Carbs

> Nowadays I have to wait 2-5 minutes after
> I'm done driving too. Most of the stuff I drive these days are turbo powered
> and they need a short cooling off period after use before turning them off.

That's only true for stops immediately after highway speeds or hard hill use,
though, isn't it, e.g. when filling up, unless they're older technology?
Certainly that's VW recommendation for our TDi Variant.

I reset my auto-chokes recently so they warm up at about the same rate and open
fairly quickly to full.  They are now much quicker to open again after a 'stop
at the shop', but still not instantaneous.

Pierburg tried to arrange a better system in the 2E2 carb ('80s VWs), and that
has an electrical choke heater, that is switched off when a water jacket warms
up, and a waxstat to control the idle plus a vacuum operated arm that works the
throttle as necessary.  All that to achieve 'foot off' starting under all engine
conditions.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/