Re: [T3] Overrevving an automatic

Hi,

> >going up a hill
> How steep of a hill?

Not VERY steep, but steep enough to make the car sound strained.

> >the revs went sky high
> how fast were you going when you downshifted
> to 2nd?

To be honest I don't know. My speedo was making so much noise that I
disconnected it. I need to ge tit fixed. I didn't think I was going all that
fast, and I slowed down before changing gear. I doubt if I was doing more
than 70kph, probably less.

> >new noise
> what does it sound like? when do you hear it?

It may have been a false alarm. I took the car out for a short spin, and
couldn't hear it any more. I'll take it for another proper drive tomorrow,
and see how it goes. What I really wanted to know is whether it is
theoretically possible to overrev an automatic. I thought I once read on
this list that if you downshif when going too fast, it won't change gear
until you slow down. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong.

Daniel