RE: Oil Light On

Hey, I'm baa-aack. Long time, blah-blah... AAR, the
Notch is in the driveway at the new house, I tried to
fire it up to drive her over here months ago, but..
long story, couldn't get current to the coil after the
ignition switch is turned back from the starting
position (steering column/ switch malfunction?) but
that's another story for another day. The problem at
hand is-when I could get enough oil pressure to turn
off the oil light while cranking her, I also got a
nice puddle of fresh oil on the ground coming from
right about the same place as the oil cooler base. I
used the red seals in the seal kit I got from the
FLAPS (mistake) and buttoned the engine tin on before
checking for leaks (another mistake). I need to pull
the tin, check my remote oil filter connections,
reseal the oil cooler, et al. Jim A., my question to
you is: Do you have a FAQ for oil seals-*and*-do you
have a piece of foam for around the oil cooler
available? This is probably going to take a few to
work out all the problems I have but getting all the
right equipment and knowledge would make for an easier
time. Thanks,
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback (minus 1 interior, an engine that
runs and a valid license plate),
S. FL, USA

On 27 Apr 2004 at 10:31, Ruiz, Raul wrote:

> that's what that was... i just have this oily
>crumbly mess on mine from when
> i changed my cooler seals...

I sell replacements if you need one. It's a very good
thing to do.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org