Re: [T3] HELP

On 26 Mar 2004 at 12:48, David V.N. wrote:

> Jim,WHERE have you been?I've been taught, virtually from birth,that it
> is rude to stay in the left lane.when faster traffic is following.My father
> implied that it was unlawful somehow.I've never checked to see if that were
> true but anyone I've talked to agreed .

I think that if you actually check you'll find that it is illegal in very few
states, and that it is enforced in even fewer. I agree completely that it is
rude and inconsiderate. It ought to be officially encouraged in SOME way, but
about the only help I ever see is the occasional sign that reads, "Slower
traffic keep right." Somehow those signs never seem to apply to the right
people.

I believe the Wis legislature debated this a couple of years ago, and the
debate was one of the most heated in memory, somewhat evenly divided between
those who agreed with you and me, and those who felt that it was their God-
given right to drive wherever they pleased. In the end the bill did not pass.
I'm afraid our legislature has not been very bright ever since they made it a
full time job.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org