RE: driving laws/styles RE: [T3] HELP

--- Kevin Guarnotta <kguarnotta@usa.net> wrote:
> I remember driving in spain where the on ramps were
> at most two car lengths
> long...or better yet, there were actually some areas
> where you were expected
> to pull out of a parking lot onto a road with 65mph
> traffic.

That is very similar to several parkways here on Long
Island. Most of them were created when speed limits
were 30mph and they were meant for people to take a
leisurely cruise out to the countryside. Over the
years they have become vital routes for commuter
traffic and typically see 70mph traffic. The entrance
"lanes" can be as small as a car length, and
frequently end at a stone bridge foundation.

Makes things very difficult sometimes for my Type3...

Worse still is when you have that kind of entrance,
and then a similar exit on the other side of the
bridge. You have traffic going by at 70, then traffic
entering and exiting within three or four car lengths
of space...

Fun stuff...

=====