Re: [T3] List Netiquette

<x-flowed>When I clicked "Reply to Sender" or "Reply to All" it comes up with "type3@vwtype3.org". I should note that I'm now using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email program and no longer Outlook Express. I only use Outlook at work, now. However, my Sender field displays "Petri O. Calderon Larjanko". À? When I reply I make it a point of looking at the To: field to make sure it's going the right direction. Being human, there will be the rare occasion I don't catch it until *after* I've sent the email -- doh! But if I do I'll follow up with a "sorry for the double post" message.

Anyway, Jim, thanks for pointing out #5. I would state that it's "common sense" but that "sense" isn't very common nowadays ;-) That's why I've decided to call the meaning behind that expression "uncommon sense"...seems more appropriate these days...

   Toby Erkson  --  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '72 VW Squareback, '95 VW Jetta, '81 Gold Wing, '73 Porsche 914
   http://www.icbm.org/
   Portland, Oregon

Petri O. Calderon Larjanko wrote:

I think it would be good to mention that if your email client has an option
for (1) Email address AND (2) Reply to Address, and you have filled in the
"reply address" when somebody clicks on "reply" the listee's email address
will come up (Toby, can you check on your email client to see if I am
correct about this? I sent a reply straight to you when I clicked on reply
because your mail appeared there instead of the list's email address)
instead of the list's email address...