Re: [T3] List Netiquette

> 5) When responding to a message there is no need to send copies to the type 3
> list AND to the original author! Obviously, if the originator sent the message
> to the list then they will also be receiving your response from the list.  By
> including them in the "To:" list all you are doing is giving them duplicate
> email.  Please make sure you edit your "To:" addresses accordingly.

I think it would be good to mention that if your email client has an option
for (1) Email address AND (2) Reply to Address, and you have filled in the
"reply address" when somebody clicks on "reply" the listee's email address
will come up (Toby, can you check on your email client to see if I am
correct about this? I sent a reply straight to you when I clicked on reply
because your mail appeared there instead of the list's email address)
instead of the list's email address.

But then, I could be wrong.

Petri
'71 Notch