RE: rear window defroster

On 17 Mar 2004 at 11:30, Kevin Guarnotta wrote:

> Well when I hit the switch I don't hear any click-so either a bad switch or
> bad relay...or maybe fuse?

Any of these would cause it, but the fuse would cause other things to also not
work. I find that the switches are often oxidized inside, and you can remove
the switch and actually pop it apart and scrape the contacts with a penknife
and check them with a Ohmmeter. You should also check under the back seat and
make sure the relay is still wired up.

> I thought it was supposed to light up because it has that little orange mark
> on top, I couldn't tell if was a lens or just an orange mark-I guess it is
> just a mark to let you know when it is on.

69-70 used a different switch, which was much bigger and has a separate green
light. The late switch just has that red block which mimics a light.

> Do these things time out...or are they on all the time when on? Does that
> make sense?

No timing feature in these.

--
Jim Adney