Re: [T3] RMMW, Type 3 owners will likely loose :-( My little rant

--- Aaron Clow <variant_1600-vwtype3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Cybernotchback <cybernotchback@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Which leads me to beleive that ANY part
> > with a VW part #, VW symbol...etc will likely be
> > disposed of rather than sold.
>
> I don't get it... You need to have a license from VW
> to sell any old VW parts? Does that mean if RMMW had
> bunch of NOS passenger straps or something that MAM
> could not sell them?

Legally yes you need a license. I think it was Russ,
(or whoever please chime in) who heard of a story of
OE, NOS air cooled VW parts back in the '80's being
destroyed in large volumes. Being driven to and just
thrown in a dump. :-(
> Does this mean they're sellers of purely third-party
> aftermarket parts?

I would say most likely yes, (read that as aftermarket
crap for the most part).

> > This is really begining to leave a bad taste in my
> > mouth.  As the oiginal MAM press release says, " a
> > big
> > plus for classic VW owners", (it should say in
> fine
> > print though, "but only if you have a Bug, Bus or
> > Ghia")  Directly or indirectly VWoA has won, we as
> > Type 3 community have potentially lost;-(
>
> Once again...
>
> > Or cros your fingers
> > and hope that once MAM sees RMMW's sales, ($$) for
> > Type 3 specific parts they may change their minds,
> > (not likely, I hate big business)
>
> Agreed... ugh...

I second that....UGH.....

Cheers,