Re: [T3] RMMW, Type 3 owners will likely loose :-( My little rant

--- Aaron Clow <variant_1600-vwtype3@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Cybernotchback <cybernotchback@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > And that due to licensing restrictions from
> > VWoA MAM would not likely carry ANY Type 3
> specific
> > parts.
>
> Is this a matter of MAM deciding not to pick up the
> appropriate licenses or of VWoA once again turning
> its
> back on the classic VW community?

Could be a bit of both.  VWoA could have made it too
hard for Mid America Motorworks, and thus not worth
their time, or $$.

My take on it is that MAM couldn't be bothered, (I
even told the sales person that MAM would lose a lot
of friends).  His response, "that's too bad, but due
to the lack of licensing they couldn't even sell
clothing". Which leads me to beleive that ANY part
with a VW part #, VW symbol...etc will likely be
disposed of rather than sold.

This is really begining to leave a bad taste in my
mouth.  As the oiginal MAM press release says, " a big
plus for classic VW owners", (it should say in fine
print though, "but only if you have a Bug, Bus or
Ghia")  Directly or indirectly VWoA has won, we as a
Type 3 community have potentially lost;-(

Maybe if more of us contact MAM 1-800-500-1500 and
express our desire for them to carry more Type 3
parts, then that will help???  Or cros your fingers
and hope that once MAM sees RMMW's sales, ($$) for
Type 3 specific parts they may change their minds,
(not likely, I hate big business):-(

Cheers,

John La Francois
Blauvelt, NY
'67 Beetle (Bubb) Curently under rustoratiion, by
owner
'65 Notch S (Nubb) Awaiting rustoration
'98 Jetta GL (Wolfgang) Wife's Daily Driver