RE: [T3] Purest Type 3 group?

On 15 Mar 2004 at 7:15, Schlegel, Richard wrote:

> What? You think I am making these changes for me? Pishaw! Well OK. I
> admit I like driving this thing too. I had forgotten how much fun a VW
> was to work on.

;-) I think THAT's one thing we can all agree on!

> I just can't help but wonder if these aftermarket items
> are such crap, then why do so many VW enthusiasts use them? That's it!

Few people care enough to truly investigate what work and what doesn't. In the
absence of a neutral third party to evaluate most products the consumer is left
with only the vendors word that the product is good. Few venders will tell you
that something they're trying to sell is not worth the price.

You were just lucky enough to find us before you took their word on too many
items.

As to why people out there will still use and recommend junk that they have
bought, well, it's just human nature to prefer to think that you spent your
money wisely, so most people will continue to defend their decisions even if
faced with counterexamples. Plus, few people will ever do good before and after
comparisons; instead, they change a whole bunch of things and assume that
everything in the package is great, even if most of the things actually made no
difference at all.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org