Re: [T3] Purest Type 3 group? (lowering)

> Well... 32 Splines on the outer, so 360 degrees divided by 32 is 11.25
> degrees per notch.

I don't think this works when applied to the arm. Sound in theory, but
lacking in application somehow.
The degrees at the torsion bar do not equal the degrees at the ball joint I
don't think. I'm not an engineer, so I can't really explain why. I just know
what I've done and that it does work.

>  so 3 Notches is 33 3/4 degrees, I cant see how changing the angle of the
> loaded bar THAT much could still allow you to get things back togeather
with
> any travel... picture it, with only an inch or so of travel under the
lower
> bump stop with stock height, there is too little even with the stop
removed
> to rotate the bar that much.
> What am I missing here?

At 3 notches you do need to remove the bump stop arm to get full travel. You
CAN leave it on and knock of the pieces that hold the rubber stop and get
away with an almost acceptable ride (you don't really think a severley
lowered car is going to ride 100% stock do you?). This would use the metal
arm itself as a bump stop. This is what I would call a hack job. :-)

> OK.. I will, I wish you could make it to Hershey but there will be enough
> witnesses there I will try this
> during the front end session.  Ill try the one notch, 2 3... and see where
> the arm falls.  Fair enough?
> If im missing something here boy I cant put my finger on it!

Sounds good.

> You can lower, I just dont see how to get it to the extent you mention.  6
> Notches is over 66 degrees of rotation of the lower arm, you rotate it up
66
> degrees and it will be sitting above the bump stop ear...

At 6 notches don't even think of still having a bump stop ear/horn/arm. Mine
was shaved completely smooth. You couldn't even tell it ever had an arm
there...LOL.
Like I said, that was for show only. It took a lot of grunting and cussing
just to get it back together at that level. Yes, it had no bump stop at all.
It was a hack job, but a nicely done hack job. :-P

Also for front tires I ran 165's for 1 notch, 145's for 2 notches and 135's
or 195/50's for 3+ notches.

-Patrick D.