Re: [T3] Auto Tranny FAQ?

<x-flowed>My ATF level seems to be OK. I'll keep an eye on it, of course, as usual.

I suspect that what my car really needs is to have the crap thrashed out of it in a few really good long drives. Even after having driven it for just a few kms in the last few days, it seems better. It somehow seems to "soften up" when it's been driven for a while.

Unfortunately this isn't possible yet, as I need to pass inspection before I can take the car out on a public road. Friends who have visited seem to think the car would pass if I had it inspected now, so maybe soon it'll be back on the road.

Next Friday, we're having the inaugural meeting of the Israel Karmann Ghia Club. As it's at my house, this will be my car's first public exposure since I got it. Based on the feedback I get from the other members, I'll be able to decide what to do. I'm beginning to think I've done all I can to the car now on my own (I mean, the engine is now even running on 4 cylinders!), and the remaining parts of the restoration, which is mostly cosmetic stuff like fixing the paint and upholstery, need to be done by pros.

Daniel