[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]

Re: [T3] FI Question

On 6 Mar 2004 at 20:25, PA Wong wrote:

> I'm having problems with my FI in my 71 Fasty.  The
> problem is a part that is NLA and is causing the car
> to not regulate the fuel mixture properly. My mechanic
> is recommending changing it to carbs. 
> Do people advise doing this?  Should I hold out and
> search for the part?

It's possible that the part is no longer available new, but it is certainly 
available used. Whatever it is, I probably have one and can sell it to you 

It is also likely that your mechanic is less than familiar with your car and 
your FI. MY guess is that he wants to replace a perfectly good part.

What are your symptoms and what does he want to replace? We can probably get 
you all the help you need right here, and at very little cost.

I strongly recommed that you NOT switch to carbs. That's a long, difficult, and 
expensive road, and you're not likely to be happy with the results. While all 
early Type 3s came with carbs, and even some late ones (outside the US) most of 
the carb setups you can buy today will take a lot of work to get them running 
right on your car. It's MUCH more than a bolt-on proposition.

You might also want to tell us where you are, because there might be someone 
close to you who could help.

Jim Adney, jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

List info at http://www.vwtype3.org/list | mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]