Re: [T3] Does any one have two rear fenders and a pan for a '65 notch?

On 2 Mar 2004 at 22:22, MRSanderson@telus.net wrote:

> hey my name is Matt Sanderson and my father and i are rebuilding  1965 VW
> Notchback. there is a lot of rust and the two main thing we need are both rea
> fenders and a pan. i was wondering if anyone had those two things? thanks for
> the help. if you want to look at my car here is a web site
> www3.telus.net/SUDAMA. when you get there just click on the link for the 65
> notch.

The Notch rear fenders are unique since they don't have the louvers that the
fastys and squares had. Thus good ones will be much harder to find. From your
photos it looks to me like your rears are actually pretty good. Rears generally
survive much better than fronts.

I think you should be able to weld in some good metal and repair those.

A pan will be even harder to find. If you find a good one, the whole car will
probably be better than the one you have. Again, repair is your most likely
option.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org