[T3] new roof rack!

Well...i just picked up a new roof rack for my squareback, shipped via
greyhound...pretty sweet! It's not the kind that bolts to your roof, but the
kind with four clamps that grab your drip rail. I just spent some time wire
brushing the clamps, acid wash and painting...the rack itself it mostly rust
free, but the clamps were pretty rusty. Now I need to get some new bolts,
two of them (carriage bolts) were rusted beyond repair. I was also thinking
of either plasti-dipping the clamps or else just getting some small pieces
of rubber to pad the clamp to drip rail connection...

My friend kate went with me to pick it up, she has a '69 bug. She keeps
saying she wants a squareback)as she looks at mine. I need to find one for
her, otherwise I may be tempted to sell her mine.

I am pretty psyched, this takes some load off my bus(which also has a rack.
I use this for hauling 2x4's, ladders, doors...etc. Anyway as we were
leaving she said, "well now that you have a roof rack, you can do
anything..."

Quite funny at the time...

-kevin

'65 kombi