Re: [T3] progress on seats and door handles

On 1 Mar 2004 at 18:12, Kevin Guarnotta wrote:

> I fixed the little handle for flipping the seat forward, the little spring
> had fallen out, and was inside the seat, I found it when taking the old
> upholstery off. I also put the round handle that adjusts the seat angle on.
> The replacement I got is chrome, I don't know if it was originally or not.

It's nice when you can find those lost parts. The chrome center knobs were used
up thru '69.

> I also have the handle for the lever that allows you to slide the seat
> forward and back, but I don't know how this handle attaches, is there
> some little clip that goes in there? Anyone know where to find this
> clip?

I don't think I've ever had that knob off. The parts list shows a clip: 311 881
247.

> Now I need to lube the latches somehow, because the door handles are
> very stiff from the outside...any suggestions on lubricating that?

Look in the rear edge of the door. Above the latch you will find a small hole,
about 3/16" dia. There was originally a plastic plug in that hole. Remove the
plug and dribble some oil down inside the door. It should work its way to the
latch mechanism. Put the plug back in the hole.