Re: [T3] Shifter Problems

On 30 Jun 2004 at 19:20, Lk Che wrote:

> well today i took out the shift rod installed the new
> shiftrod sleeve, then put it back in THEN assebled the
> rod to tranny coupler then i installed the plate and
> then the shifter, and still i only get front and back
> shiftinf I CANT shift side to side. what gives? any
> problems you guys could spot?

I'd try loosening up the set screw on the shift coupler and making sure that
the lever will go side to side then. If it still won't then the problem is
somewhere in the lever or the socket in the shift rod.

If it goes easily side to side then something has jammed up in your
transmission.

Assuming that this all worked right before you did the swap, I really can't
imagine what it might be, unless there's something about the ball on the bottom
of the new shift lever that doesn't want to fit the shift coupling correctly.

You might just try quickly reinstalling the OE shift lever. Just to verify that
it still works.