Re: [T3] See we have rust on the west coast!

MY 69 Notch, built in Germany, also has the wiring going through the heater channel, and its is definately a 69.
Hank,
69 Notch Auto, RHD.
Sth Australia.

Jim wrote:
>Okay, I can see where that might be how they fitted the tube in there,
>even though it seems odd that it was put in after the other folded metal
>was all assembled, but the harness doesn't really exit there does it.
>I assumed that it stayed inside the car like it does on the later cars.

No, on the early cars up to and including 65, the harness entered and exited
the left side rocker (LHD cars). After it exited, it actually had a couple of
leads go into the body for the voltage regulator, but otherwise continued on
inside the rear fender like a 66 to early 71 does.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
71 Square, Now a 2 seat Roadster, pics can be seen at;
http://volksrods.com