Re: [T3] Older Injectors

On 6/29/04 9:58 PM, "Steven Cooper" <steven.cooper@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> How much would you expect to pay for these?  I am curious because everything
> for type 3s is expensive in Australia and I recently bought four Ram
> injectors off ebay for about US$100.  I though this was a good price as
> several sets listed previously had sold for almost US$200.

The price difference might be genuine Bosch vs. a copy-cat brand (I have not
heard of "Ram").  You are better off with Bosch injectors.

I had an off-brand set of injectors on my car when I got it.  These
injectors had poor spray patterns and dribbled out the valves.  They looked
newish from the outside.  They were even yellow, just like Bosch.  I pulled
an old set from a junkyard car, reconditioned them by replacing the short
crimped-on hose section, installed them, and have been happy ever since.  It
has been a few years now since I did this.  New parts can be expensive, but
don't be afraid to try used parts for a lot of the fuel injection
components.

Mark Fuhriman
'69 Fastback